Roses has for centuries been taking aboard human values, ancestral customs and popular traditions that have gone to swell its cultural legacy. Over the course of the year, entretainment and gastronomy form an alliance that brings the town's residents and visitors alongside each other.
Gatherings, habanera concerts, concerts of classical, jazz and blues music, firework displays and the famous Carnival of Roses complement the popular dishes such as fish soup-stews and rice dishes that always appear at the festive acts that maintain the warmth of a welcoming town.
- 5th. Arrival and Great parade of the Three Kings of the Orient.
FEBRERY OR MARCH
- CARNIVAL. This is the oldest carnival in the province and one of the town's most attractive feastdays.
MARCH OR APRIL
- HOLY WEEK. Religious celebrations.
- 23th. ST. GEORGE'S DAY. Festival of the book and the rose. Popular performances
MAY OR JUNE
- CORPUS CHRISTI. Flower carpets in the main streets of the town.
- 23th. Eve of SAINT JOHN. Arrival of the Canigó torch, firework-running, great bonfire and traditional firework display.
- 29th. SAINT PETER. Patron saint of fishermen. Popular dancing and “castellers” (human castles)
- 15th & 16th: TOWN FESTIVAL. Over the course of this festival, and throughout the entire month there are concerts of classical, modern and rock music, theatre shows, popular dances, folk meetings, various exhibitions, sports competitions, fireworks, traditional sardana dancing, crafts fair, parade of costume giants and end-of-festival dance.
- 11th. CATALONIA DAY. All day, speeches and public events.
- CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS. Traditional Christmas plays “Pastorets”, classical music concerts, children's and young people's entertainments exhibitions, choice of Miss Roses (Pubilla).